Family Volunteer Abroad Safety And Field Support
Our number #1 priority is the safety of our volunteers. Boundless Loves is a leading volunteer organization serving thousands of volunteers. We pride ourselves on providing the safest, highest quality, and most professional family volunteering abroad programs to our volunteers since 2003. Our dedicated team works closely from start to finish with each volunteer and their family to ensure a successful, satisfactory, and safe volunteering experience.
Below is a list of our safety and field support features that will demonstrate the level of support and safety each of you and your family will receive while on a family volunteering abroad trip.
1. Country Coordinator and Field Staff: In each country, where we operate, we have a very strong and dedicated team of country coordinators and local staff members to support and take care of you and your family. All of our country coordinators and field staff are highly experienced and responsible individuals. They have been running family volunteer abroad vacations for many years. They have served thousands of volunteers and their families, so they understand your needs and know how to run safe, rewarding, and meaningful overseas family volunteer trip for for you and your family.
Our In-country staff is responsible for a number of things. Below are some of the main services that they will provide:
- Airport pick-up and transfer to host family or work site
- Management of room and food in host family/hostel
- Orientation of local country, culture, host family, safety, and related issues
- Introduction to host family and project staff
- Periodic follow up visits or calls (1-2 week intervals) to ensure everything is going smoothly
- Advice for solving any issues, problems, or concerns
2. Airport Greeting: We are dedicated to keeping you and your family save and comfortable from the point of arrival until the point of departure. We will always receive our volunteers at the airport and transfer them safely. Depending upon the country in which you and your family choose to volunteer, our coordinator, local staff, or a professional transfer company employee will greet everyone at the airport.
3. Orientation and safety discussion: Regardless of where you and your family join the Boundless Loves family volunteer abroad program, our program starts with an in depth discussion on safety, history, cultural people, religion, life, and do’s and don’ts. Depending upon the country, these orientation programs range from a few hours to seven days. During orientation, we explain the different aspect of safety and general guidelines to help keep you and your family safe while on your family volunteering work abroad trip.
4. Safe Host Family and Accommodation: While on your family volunteering abroad trip, the majority of the time you will reside with a local host family, hostel, or similar accommodation. We always carefully select the host families and other forms of accommodations to make sure that you and your will be safe and comfortable. In all destinations, we have selected host families who are socially respected and responsible. Most of our host families have hosted international volunteers before, so they completely understand yours and your family’s needs. Your host family will always take care of everyone and keep you and your family safe.
Similarly, all of our volunteer houses and hostels are located in very safe locations. These hostels are always guarded by security guards or supervised by the local staff very frequently to make sure that you and your family are safe and secure.
5. Comprehensive Insurance and Evacuation Plan: While on a family volunteering abroad vacation, everyone will be covered by international insurance. This protects everyone in case something unforeseen happens. It is mandatory that all volunteers obtain a travel insurance policy when joining a family volunteering abroad trip. Boundless Loves offers one of the most comprehensive insurance packages from a third party. Our insurance policy provides excellent protection in the event that a health-related issue occurs, an accident, or other unpredictable incidences.
6. Placement with Other Volunteers: Boundless Loves is happy to place you and your family with other volunteers (depending on availability) if this is something that would make everyone feel safer.
Any international travel requires caution and awareness; family volunteering abroad is no exception. We suggest that all volunteers consult their own government advisory office before making the decision to participate in any overseas volunteering opportunities. International travel presents risks, especially with the modern day threat of international terrorism.
The U.S. State Department issues travel warnings and advisories in many countries for American travelers. These travel advisories and warnings frequently change, as situations in each country transform.
It is also wise to consult the Center for Disease Control for health related information and issues that might come up during your time family volunteering abroad. Check out www.cdc.gov for possible health risks. One must also keep in mind that the sanitary conditions in developing countries are likely very different from those in your home country. It is also strongly advised that you do not drink the tap water and do not eat food from street vendors.
Our in-country coordinator is available, to ensure everyone’s safety, comfort, and satisfaction while part of a family volunteering abroad experience. You will have all of the necessary contact information for that person prior to your arrival. Boundless Loves has been organizing overseas volunteering opportunities since 2003 and is adamant about providing you will all of the necessary information and support that will ensure you and your family has the best experience whether you commit to a family medical volunteer abroad program, a family volunteer with community development project, or a family teaching English overseas opportunity.